Pottery classes for adults suitable for all abilities, from students who are fairly new to ceramics as
well as more experienced students wishing to develop their skills.
Will be covered a variety of hand-building techniques including pinch pots, coiling,
slab-work, working with press-moulds and modelling, as well as learning the principals of throwing and the wheel.
Fantastic facilities close to Finchley Central. Classes are small and friendly with free street parking.
Dedicated pottery studio at the bottom of a Finchley garden with the following facilities:
- Two pottery wheels
- Front loading large electric kiln
- Slab roller
- Selection of moulds and tools
- Lessons offered at all levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced
- Newcomers welcome and encouraged
- £140 per month for 4 sessions, 2.5 hour per week, or
- £360 per term for 12 sessions, 2.5 hours per week
- Fee includes lessons, clay, decorating, glazing and firing
Please choose the day and time that you would like to book. Sessions are limited to a maximum of 4 people.
If the session time you would like is not available, then please join our waiting list by registering via the contact form.
|Monday evenings||7pm to 9:30pm
|Tuesday mornings||10 am to 12:30pm
||7pm to 9:30pm
1 space available
|Wednesday mornings||10 am to 12:30pm
|Wednesday evenings||7pm to 9:30pm
|Thursday mornings||10 am to 12:30pm
||6pm to 8:30pm
1 space available
|Friday mornings||10 am to 12:30pm
Terms and Conditions
- Advanced booking is essential -- please register via the web form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All bookings made online are subject to confirmation from Claudia Luque
- The class fee includes a basic quota of materials (clay and glazes) and firing
- If you wish to transfer to another session, you may be able to do so subject to availability and permission of Claudia Luque
- There is a limit of a maximum of 5 students per class to keep it small and personal
- If you are unable to attend a specific class you may, at the discretion of Claudia Luque, be able to make up the missed class on another day.
- A “month” is made up of 4 sessions, each lasting 2.5 hours
- A “term” is made up of 12 sessions, each lasting 2.5 hours
“Holiday periods” is when the studio is closed for annual holidays.
The actual dates vary from year to year to align with the beginning of the week.
The holiday periods include:
- Mid December to the end of the first week of January the following year.
- One week during the Easter holidays
- For the summer school holidays in the months of July and August
- Students must notify absence with at least 48-hour notice by text message or email at email@example.com
if they are unable to attend a class. If they do not, then they will be charged for the session.
- Students can miss a maximum of two classes during a term without any penalty. These class may be recovered during the term if spaces in other sessions become available. This is over and above the holiday periods when the studio is closed.
- Students must notify all holidays with at least 1 week notice by text message or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Studio session credits will expire after 4 months since the date that they have purchased.
This means, for example, if you pay for a term, you need to use your 12 sessions within 16 weeks (4 months)
- For those who are paying monthly, you need to notify the Studio by your 3rd week whether you intend to continue. This is to reserve your space for the following month.
- If any single pottery piece takes up more than half the space in the kiln, then an additional £5 charge will be made per firing.
- Work on your pottery pieces needs to be done during the session times at the studio. Pieces should not be taken away to be worked on outside of the studio.
- The minimum enrolment period is one month or 4 sessions.
- Fees must be paid before the new month or term starts.
- Fees are not refundable unless Claudia Luque cancels the workshop. If a session is cancelled, then the Studio will make arrangements so that the session time is not lost.
- Claudia Luque Studio reserves the right to refuse admission to its classes without prior notice to the student.
- Claudia Luque Studio will use your information for administration purposes and customer services and will keep this information for a reasonable period for administrative and record-keeping purposes. As part of the UK legislation, there are certain requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998 to which Companies must adhere. The Data Protection legislation is there to protect you against any misuse of your personal information. It also gives you the right to know how we use your information and to whom it is disclosed.
- If a class is closed by Claudia Luque or for reasons beyond our control, then a pro-rata refund will be given.
- Refunds are not given for any change in your choice or circumstances, with the exception of medical reasons. A letter from your G.P. or medical certificate will be required to support your request for a refund and a £20 administration charge will be made.